In honor of National Donut Day, I thought I'd whip up a batch of these Donut Hole Truffles for my Book Club this weekend. I know, I know... I am supposed to be eating healthy, right? I think the best way to stay on track is to have a little indulgence every now and then. These beauties boast a moist cakey center and a sweet crisp shell, just like your favorite donut. You will only need four ingredients and an hour of your time to make up your own batch. And they won't do too much damage if you eat one and stash the rest in the freezer for later!
- 1 package of Golden Oreos
- 1 package of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 bag of Wilton Candy Melts
- Use a food processor to chop the Oreos
- Add the softened cream cheese into your chopped Oreo mix and stir until you have a sticky batter
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into bite-sized balls and place on the cookie sheet. When you are done, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so the balls are frozen.
- Once your balls are frozen, melt the candy chips according to the package instructions. Dip each ball into the melted coating and top with sprinkles as soon as you return them to the cookie sheet. When you are done, put the cookie sheet back in the freezer so the coating can set.
Voila, Donut Hole Truffles! Enjoy!