Today I wanted to share my current go-to lunch recipe with you. This salad is easy to make and filled with satisfying whole grains to keep you from a 3pm visit to the office candy bowl. I prefer to keep the seasonings light so the tomatoes and spinach are the dominant flavors, but you could easily add a bit of vinaigrette or Italian dressing. Enjoy!
- 1 Minute Rice Ready to Serve Multi-Grain Medley Bowl (substitute with the grain of your choice)
- 1 Tablespoon Crumbled Feta Cheese (I used reduced fat)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Spinach Leaves
- Cucumber Slices
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper or Italian Seasoning (to taste)
- Optional: 1 Teaspoon of Chia or Flax Seed
- Microwave the grains according to the package instructions.
- Stir in a drizzle of olive oil and your spices. You can also stir in a teaspoon of chia or flax seed.
- Dice the spinach and add to the warm grains so it wilts slightly.
- Let the grains cool, then add in your diced tomatoes and cucumber.
- Top with feta crumbles.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.