When the Arizona heat reaches 118 degrees, there is nothing I'd enjoy more than a big bowl of chocolate ice cream. Since I can't trust myself with a gallon of ice cream in the house, I came up with this healthier version that is almost as satisfying. The chocolate banana pudding is thick and creamy thanks to the coconut milk, and has a rich and decadent chocolate flavor. You will only need about 10 minutes hands-on time to make two servings of pudding.
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Spectrum Decadent Blend Chia and Flax Seed Blend with Coconut and Cocoa
- 1 tbsp Navitas Cacao Sweet Nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Shredded coconut flakes for topping
- 2 mason jars, 8 oz size
- In a blender or food processor, combine the bananas, coconut milk, chia and flax blend, cacao nibs and sea salt. Blend until you have a liquid consistency.
- Divide the mixture between the two mason jars.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. I like mine served very cold.
- Right before serving, top with a sprinkle of the shredded coconut.
Both the Spectrum Chia and Flax Seed Blend and the Navitas Cacao Nibs can be found at Sprouts. If you are unable to find the Spectrum blend, you can change the recipe as follows: 1 tbsp chia seeds and 2 tbsp cacao nibs. I would also suggest that you leave the chia seeds out of the food processor and just stir them into your mixture afterward, as whole chai seeds will expand in liquid. For the purposes of the above recipe, the chia in the blend is already broken down, so I have opted to blend it with the rest of the ingredients.