I love a nice cup of tea. I love a cute teapot. Why not love my trivet as well? On a recent trip to Ikea, I spotted a three pack of cork trivets for $3.00. Using some craft paint and stencils I had at home, I made these cute trivets to match the colors in my kitchen. This was an easy and fun project, and very inexpensive as well.
- Cork trivets (mine are from Ikea)
- Craft paint and brush
- Stencils (I used Martha Stewart letter stencils from Michaels)
- Painters tape
- Use the painters tape to create stripes and geometric patterns, like the one in the photo above.
- You can also use the tape to keep your letters stencils straight.
- Paint and let dry overnight.
- Top with a hot teapot or pan from the oven!