July 05, 2013
My Picks For The Best Summer Skin
Here are the skin care products I am loving this summer:
1. I start each morning washing my face with Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. This cleanser has a nice minty smell and leaves my skin literally squeaky clean. It also helps keep away excess oil throughout the day.
2. Next, I apply a small amount of Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins™ Mega-Bright Skin tone correcting serum. I love using this product in the morning, because the formula contains vitamin C and smells like a fresh squeezed cup of orange juice. It makes my skin feel awake and I like that it contains ingredients to help fade acne scars. I have started to see an improvement in my skin since I started using this product.
3. I finish my morning routine with a think layer of Origins Brighter By Nature SPF 35 Skin tone correcting moisturizer. This moisturizer has a high SPF count, which is important to this Arizona girl. If you are looking for a matte finish, this is not the moisturizer for you. This product is think and creamy, and leaves skin with a dewy glow. I put this on and sit it absorb for about ten minutes before I start to apply my makeup.
4. At night, I repeat the process with the same cleanser and serum, but I switch my moisturizer. I received a sample of Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil from Sephora, and it is the perfect night time treatment. The trick to applying the oil is to put 2-3 drops onto slightly wet hands, then apply it to the face and neck. I found I was using too much oil when I was putting it on with dry hands and the water also makes it easier to spread over the skin. I was initially concerned about putting oil on my face, when I still have the occasional breakout. This product has not increased the frequency of breakouts. Also, when I use acne spot treatments, I usually end up with flaky skin around the area treated and the oil has helped the dry patches. I am almost done with this sample and will buy a full size version soon.
5. I purchased the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream when I realized my 100%Pure Argan Oil was almost gone. I was hoping that the products would be interchangeable, but I still prefer to use the oil at night on my face. The Infinity Cream is an excellent product in its own right. If my skin is extra dry, I will use this at night, but be warned that it is a thick cream and takes awhile to absorb. Use it sparringly. I really prefer to use this on my neck and then to rub the excess into my cuticles.
6. Both morning and night, I apply the cleanser using my Clarasonic Mia 2. I love my Mia! The brush is gentle and leaves my skin feeling so soft. I also find that serums and moisturizers absorb into the skin better when I use the Mia. If you are debating whether to get the Mia or Mia 2, I highly recommend the upgraded Mia 2. The best feature is the timer, which reminds you every 20 seconds to move to a different part of your face.
Let me know if you have any questions about any of the above products!